- 2 (7-ounce) containers Greek yogurt, such as Fage Total
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound feta, sliced
- Good olive oil
- Fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 pound large kalamata olives with pits
- Toasted Pita Triangles, recipe follows
Place the yogurt in a medium bowl. Grate the cucumber on a box grater on the largest grating side and squeeze it with your hands to remove most (but not all) of the liquid. Add the grated cucumber to the yogurt. Add the sour cream, lemon juice, vinegar, dill, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and combine. Taste for seasonings.
To serve, artfully arrange salad plates with slices of feta, drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle with thyme leaves. Add the olives, pita triangles, and the tzatziki and serve cold or at room temperature.
Toasted Pita Triangles:
- 1 loaf pita bread
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Slice the pita bread into 8 triangles and place them on a sheet pan. Place the sheet pan in the oven and toast the bread for 10 minutes.
Cook Notes: When taping the episode Ina substituted parsley for the thyme and added a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper over the feta. She also added black olives and lemon wedges to the platter.