- 2 thick slices day-old bread, such as ciabatta or peasant white, crusts removed
- 6 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 (46-ounce) can Sacramento tomato juice
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces good feta cheese, small-diced not crumbled
Place the bread, garlic, oregano, and parsley in a food processor and process until everything is finely chopped. Add the vinegar and olive oil and process again until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
Place the peppers, red onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives separately in the food processor and process until very coarsely chopped. Add to the mixing bowl. Add the tomato juice, salt, and pepper and stir well. Taste for seasoning, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Fold in the feta and serve cold.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.