- Crushed ice
- 16 raw oysters on the half shell
- 16 raw littleneck clams on the half shell
- 3 (1 1/2 pounds each) cooked lobsters, cut in 1/2
- 16 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on
- 2 cooked blue claw crabs
- Lemons, halved
- Mustard Sauce, recipe follows
- Mignonette Sauce, recipe follows
Fill a large platter with crushed ice. Place the seafood and lemons artfully on top of the ice. Serve with the sauces.
1 1/4 cups good mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Combine all the ingredients and serve with the seafood.
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
2 shallots, minced
3/4 cup good Champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh green herbs such as parsley, dill, and/or chives
Place the shallots, vinegar, and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook uncovered for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Add the pepper and herbs and serve with the raw oysters.
Yield: 1/2 cup