It's Just Pork...and Chutney
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 package contains 2 loins)
- Olive oil, for searing
- Cranberry Chutney, for serving, recipe follows
- Cranberry Chutney:
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon chile flakes
- Pinch ground clove
- 1 (6-ounce bag) dried cranberries
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine the cinnamon, chili, cumin, fennel, paprika, pepper and salt.
Preheat a large, oven-proof saute pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Place the pork tenderloins in the pan and sear the pork on all sides until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
Place the seared pork into the oven and cook until an instant-read thermometer reads 155 to 160 degrees F, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove the tenderloins from the oven, place them on a plate or cutting board, tent with foil and allow the meat to rest 10 minutes.
Cut the pork into 1-inch thick slices and spoon liberal amounts of Cranberry Chutney over the pork and enjoy!
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.Cranberry Chutney:
Add the cranberries to the pot and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook the mixture until the cranberries have reconstituted and start softening and breaking down. If too much liquid evaporates, just add more water and keep cooking until you achieve the desired consistency. The chutney should be on the firmer/chunkier side of a jelly. Once the chutney is cooked, season with salt and pepper.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.