Full Monty Breakfast
- 1 bunch tomatoes on the vine, stalks removed and the base of each scored
- 4 field mushrooms, peeled and the base of each trimmed
- 2 black puddings, sliced
- 8 sausages
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large organic eggs
- A splash milk
- 3 1/2 ounces (110 grams) butter
- 10 rashers dry cured, smoked back bacon
- Good white uncut bread, for toast
- HP sauce and tomato ketchup, for serving
Line up tomatoes in a large roasting tray, scored sides up, with the mushrooms, the black pudding and the sausages. Let everything overlap so that the flavours really get in there. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some salt and pepper, then place under a preheated medium grill.
Prepare the scrambled eggs by whisking with the milk. Melt some butter in a non-stick pan and pour in the eggs. Keep the heat low and gently stir to scramble. Remove the tray from under the grill and drape the bacon across the tomatoes and black pudding. Place back under the grill. When the eggs are just about done, season them and serve on some thick slices of toasted bread with a bit of everything else on your plate too!