This is always a favorite with everyone. The shavings are really easy and make it even more special.
- Genoise sponge:
- 3 1/2 ounces (110 grams) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 ounces (50 grams) melted butter
- 3 ounces (85 grams) plain flour
- 1 -ounce (30 grams) good-quality cocoa powder
- 1 pound 1-ounce (500 grams) mascarpone
- 2 1/2 ounces (70 grams) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks*
- 3 .5 fluid ounces (100 milliliters) Vin Santo
- 4 to 5 shots espresso coffee
- Tia Maria liqueur
- 3 1/2 ounces (110 grams) good-quality white chocolate, melted
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1 bar good-quality dark chocolate, for shavings
First make the sponge. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C /gas 4).
Whisk the sugar and eggs until they are at ribbon stage. Fold in the melted butter, then fold in the sifted flour and cocoa. Pour the mixture into a lined Swiss roll tin and bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove the sponge from the oven when it is done and leave to cool.
To make the filling, put the mascarpone, sugar, egg yolks, and Vin Santo into a bowl and mix until smooth.
To assemble the tiramisu, break up the sponge and press it into the bottom of a shallow dish. Drizzle over the coffee, Tia Maria, and white chocolate. Spoon over the mascarpone filling, then dust liberally with cocoa. Using a large knife, scrape the chocolate towards you to make shavings and arrange these delicately over the top.
*RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly-cooked eggs due to the slight risk of Salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly-refrigerated, clean, grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.