- 2 pounds goat head, organs and feet (2 pounds lamb meat may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 gallons water
- 5 green bananas, sliced
- 1 pound yams, diced
- 1 1/2 christophenes (also called chayotes), seeds and skin removed, chopped
- 1/2 pound taro root, diced
- 1/2 pound carrots, diced
- 1/2 pound turnips, diced
- 1 1/2 bunches scallions, chopped
- 2 scotch bonnets or habaneros, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
Chop the meat into small pieces, rinse and place into a large stockpot. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 3 hours, until the meat is tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and serve.