- 2 pounds lean ground lamb or beef
- 4 stems parsley
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roasted, peeled, and chopped
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- Small pinch clove, optional
- 5 mint leaves, very finely chopped, optional
- Kosher salt
- Chile flakes, optional
In a large bowl, put the ground meat, flattened in the bowl, add all the ingredients. Knead for at least 5 minutes until all is well mixed. Let the kofta rest for 20 to 30 minutes in a cool place to marinate.
Wet your hand with water. Take the kofta and make a big cigar. Put on a long skewer, in the center. Repeat skewering until done. Cook over a charcoal grill. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Rafih Benjelloun