- 2 tablespoons soft unsalted butter, plus additional for sauteing
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons guava marmalade, plus additional for drizzling (recommended: LaFe)
- 5 ounces diced strawberries
- 3 ounces guava shells (recommended: LaFe)
- 4 thick slices Pullman-style bread, refrigerated
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces whole milk
- 4 ounces evaporated milk
- 10 ounces corn cereal (recommended: Cornflakes)
- 6 ounces sliced almonds
In a medium bowl, using a hand beater, beat the 2 tablespoons of butter, and the cream cheese until combined. Add the marmalade and mix until incorporated, then fold in the strawberries and guava shells, using a rubber scraper. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
Make an incision (pocket) on the crust side of the 4 pieces of bread about 3/4 of the way through. The incision will allow you to stuff the pocket. Leave the slices with the incision, covered, at room temperature before stuffing. Gently stuff the room temperature slices with the filling. Refrigerate the stuffed slices with the pocket opening facing up for 20 to 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Add all the ingredients to a medium shallow bowl and mix well.
Put a large skillet on medium-high heat and add 3 to 4 tablespoons butter. When the butter has melted add the stuffed bread slices and brown on 1 side, then flip and put the skillet in oven for 8 minutes. Remove the skillet from the oven and transfer the toast to a serving platter. Drizzle with guava marmalade and a dusting of powdered sugar before serving.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.