Langoustines with Candied Tomatoes, Chutney, and Salad with Sesame Seeds
- 2 tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 7 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 ounces Chinese noodles, uncooked
- 12 langoustines
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil, for sauteing
- 8 ounces mesclun salad
- 1/3 pound (5 1/3 ounces) fruit chutney
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup white sesame seeds
- Dill sprigs
Two hours before serving, prepare candied tomatoes.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
Peel tomatoes, remove stems, quarter, and remove inside pulp, to get something like "petals" of tomatoes. Place "petals" on a baking tray; season with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of sugar. Bake for 90 minutes.
Shell the langoustines and saute them quickly in olive oil. Toss mesclun lightly with desired amount of remaining sauce.
On each plate, arrange a layer of noodles and place three langoustines on the sides. Spoon fruit chutney on each langoustine and garnish with "petals" of tomato. Place mesclun on top of Chinese noodles and sprinkle entire arrangement with both black and white sesame seeds. Garnish with sprigs of dill and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.