- 1 cup labne (thick Greek-style) yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar, preferably organic washed cane sugar, or to taste
- 2 ripe mangoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 4 pitted dates, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted pistachios, optional
In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt to loosen it. In another medium bowl, beat the cream with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the sugar until it thickens slightly (it should not be thick enough to hold peaks). Fold the whipped cream into the yogurt.
In a blender or food processor, puree the mangoes, lime juice, and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar. Add more sugar to taste, if desired. Fold the mango puree into the yogurt and cream mixture until they are partially combined.
Spoon the fool into 4 glasses and chill until ready to serve. Garnish with the dates and pistachios, if desired.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories 350; Total Fat 13.5 g; (Sat Fat 10 g, Mono Fat 3 g, Poly Fat 0.5 g) ; Protein 6 g; Carb 50 g; Fiber 3.5 g; Cholesterol 58 mg; Sodium 127 mg