- 2 pounds goat head, organs and feet (2 pounds lamb meat may be substituted)
- 1 1/2 gallons water
- 5 green bananas, sliced
- 1 pound yams, diced
- 1 1/2 christophenes (also called chayotes), seeds and skin removed, chopped
- 1/2 pound taro root, diced
- 1/2 pound carrots, diced
- 1/2 pound turnips, diced
- 1 1/2 bunches scallions, chopped
- 2 scotch bonnets or habaneros, chopped
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
Chop the meat into small pieces, rinse and place into a large stockpot. Add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 3 hours, until the meat is tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the vegetables are tender. Season with salt and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Walter Staib, Beaches and Sandals Resort, Jamaica
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell