Mexican Squash with Yogurt Dip
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound (about 4) chayote squash, seeded and cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
- Yogurt Dip:
- 1 green bell pepper, roughly chopped to yield 1 cup
- 1/2 avocado, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a medium saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the squash and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
Transfer to a serving bowl and let stand for 10 minutes to thicken.
Serve the dip with warm or room-temperature chayote squash.
Recipe courtesy of Marcela Valladolid