- 1/2 pound pappardelle
- 1/4 cup chives, freshly snipped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fennel tops, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh arugula, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated pecorino
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 1 tablespoon of salt. When the water comes to a rolling boil, stir in the pasta. Cook according to the package directions, until al dente.
In the meantime, mix the chives, parsley, fennel, arugula, and oil in a small bowl. Place the ricotta in a medium-sized bowl; mix with the extra-virgin olive oil and 1 cup pasta cooking water. Mix in herb salad.
Drain the pasta well and transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Soon the ricotta mixture over the pasta and add the pecorino. Toss to combine. If the resulting pasta appears too dry, add a little more pasta water. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Serve immediately