Penne alla Puttane d'Elba
- 1/2 pound young zucchini, sliced paper thin
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced paper thin
- 12 large leaves basil, torn in half
- 1 pound overripe tomatoes, roughly chopped, retaining seeds and liquid
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons giant capers, rinsed of salt and drained
- 1/4 cup tiny black olives
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 pound dried penne pasta, preferably Italian
In a large bowl, combine zucchini, garlic, basil, tomatoes, olive oil, capers, olives, lemon juice, pepper flakes, and salt. Allow to stand in cool place 1/2 hour.
Meanwhile, bring 6 quarts water to boil in spaghetti pot and add 2 tablespoons salt. Drop penne in and cook according to package instructions until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain pasta in colander and add pasta to cool vegetables in mixing bowl. Stir gently to mix well and serve immediately.
This dish is not served hot!!
More Recipes and Ideas:
Jalapeno Chermoula Penne and Flaked Fish, Penne with Chicken, Wild Mushrooms and Peas, Veal Pockets in the Style of Valle d'Aosta: Portafoglie alla Valdostana, New York Strip Steak Recipes, Pork Shoulder Recipes, Pot Roast Recipes, Pork Loin Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes