- 1 whole rabbit, cleaned
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic chopped with a handful of Italian parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 ounces soaked chopped (dried) porcini mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices Volpi Pancetta, chopped fine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- 6 ounces white wine
Use a poultry shears to cut the whole rabbit into serving pieces and pat dry with paper towels.
In a large mixing bowl mix together remaining ingredients, except wine.
Add the rabbit to the marinade ingredients. Make sure all the rabbit has been coated. Cover the bowl and let stand in refrigerator overnight.
In a large skillet place rabbit with marinade over high heat. Turn frequently. After a few minutes add white wine. Allow this to simmer for a few more minutes. Cover the pan, lower the heat and cook slowly until done, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Beef broth can be added to increase the gravy if the rabbit is drying out too much during cooking, or in order to stretch the gravy.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.