- Total Time:
- 40 min
- 30 min
- 10 min
- 4 servings
- 1 recipe basic pasta, rolled to thinnest setting on machine
- 1 pound Italian sausage, without fennel seeds, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 2 cups Swiss chard, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup grated Pecorino, plus 1/2 cup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
In a bowl, combine cooked sausage, chopped chard, ricotta, Pecorino, eggs and nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
Lay out 1 sheet of pasta on a work surface and dot with 1/2 tablespoons filling 2-inches apart. Lay second sheet over and press with hands to seal. Using a pizza cutter, cut out squares and set aside.
Bring 6 quarts water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt. Place ravioli in boiling water and cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.