- 3 pints blueberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 dark beer
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder
- 5 pounds smoked and cooked St. Louis cut pork ribs
Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and cook for 2 hours over medium-low heat. Remove the sauce from the heat and place into a food processor or blender and puree. Strain the sauce and set aside.
Preheat grill over medium-high heat.
Place the ribs onto the grill and brush with sauce. This will glaze the ribs while they cook.
The blueberries add a subtle sweetness to the sauce to play off the heat of the chiles and the acid of the vinegar.