Braised Veal Shoulder
- 1 veal shoulder
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon ground chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 Vidalia onions, cut into large dice
- 2 organic carrots, cut into large dice
- 1 bulb celery root, cut into large dice
- 4 ounces flour
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 3 quarts whole milk
Dry rub veal shoulder with spices and let sit in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Heat butter in roasting pan over medium heat. Add veal shoulder and brown on all sides. Remove from pan. Add vegetables and cook until tender. Add flour to make roux. Whisk in your liquid and add veal shoulder. Bring to simmer on top of stove and cover with foil. Cook in the oven for 3 hours.
Remove veal and puree sauce until smooth. Slice veal and coat with sauce to serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.