Watermelon and Haloumi
- 1 teaspoon shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 ounces plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 4 (1-ounce) slices watermelon
- 4 (1-ounce) slices haloumi
Place shallots and garlic in mixing bowl and add a pinch of salt. Add vinegar and honey and whisk. Slowly whisk in 4 ounces oil. Fold in the almonds and mint. Pour over melon and let marinate for 1 hour. Heat a medium skillet over a medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Sear haloumi for 1 minute per side. Remove from pan, top with marinated watermelon and serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.