- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon ginger julienned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sambal
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 ripe mangoes, diced
- 1/2 pound of blanched snow peas
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a hot wok, coat wok with oil and caramelize onions with the ginger. Season. Add sambal and shrimp and stir fry until just cooked through. Deglaze with lime juice and add mangoes. Check for seasoning.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together Dijon, vinegar and oil. Check for seasoning. Toss with snow peas. Place a pile of snow peas in the middle of the plate. Surround with stir fry. Garnish with mango slices.