Mixed Green Salad with Herbed Red Wine Vinaigrette and Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano with Toasted French Bread
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, chives, parsley, thyme, rosemary
- 10 ounces mixed baby lettuces
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pitted black olives such as oil-cured or kalamata
- 1/3 cup (1 to 1 1/2 ounces) thinly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 French-style baguette, halved lengthwise and toasted
In a mixing bowl combine the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Combine the vegetable oil and olive oil in a pourable measuring cup. While continuously whisking the vinegar mixture, add the oil in a slow, steady stream, until completely emulsified. Whisk in the fresh herbs.
Place the lettuces in a large salad bowl and add the olives. Add enough vinaigrette to just coat the lettuce and toss to thoroughly combine. Divide among salad plates and top with the Parmigiano-Reggiano for garnish. Drizzle with more vinaigrette, if desired, and serve with the toasted French bread.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.