New Orleans Shrimp Pizza
- 1 (6.5-ounce) package pizza dough mix (recommended: Betty Crocker)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup chunky tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce, or more if needed
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped green pepper, thawed (recommended: PictSweet)
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped onion, thawed (recommended: Ore-Ida)
- 1/2 pound pre-peeled medium shrimp
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray; set aside.
Let sit while you make the sauce.
In small mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce, hot sauce, and garlic; set aside. Press dough into a 12-inch circle on a baking sheet with floured fingers. Spread sauce onto dough evenly, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with cheese, peppers, onions, and shrimp.
Bake in preheated oven 12 to 17 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Slice and serve.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2008