Parsley and Mint Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette
- 6 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 pickled chipotle peppers (see Note), minced
- 2 bunches flat leaf parsley leaves and tender stems only, washed and dried
- 1 bunch fresh mint, leaves only, washed and dried
Bring a small pan of lightly salted water to a boil. Blanch the sliced garlic for about 3 minutes, and drain. Set aside.
Place washed and dried greens in a bowl, add the slivered garlic and the dressing, and toss to coat evenly. Place a mound of greens on each plate.
Note: To pickle chipotle peppers, combine 6 peppers that have been stemmed and, if desired, seeded with 2 cups of red wine vinegar in a small non reactive saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat so the vinegar is simmering. Cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool, then store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.