- 4 ripe vine-ripened tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for tossing and drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Slice the tomatoes from core to core. Remove and discard the seeds and juice, and add the tomatoes to a casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Combine the 2 tablespoons olive oil, panko, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes and some salt and pepper together in a small bowl. Fill the tomatoes with the panko mixture. Bake 20 minutes. Drizzle with a splash of olive oil before serving.