- Butter or nonstick spray, for pan
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (thawed, if frozen)
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with butter or nonstick spray.
Topping: Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and salt in large bowl. Blend the butter into the mixture until it forms pea-size lumps. Stir in the pecans.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
In another bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat with a hand mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time. Stir in the buttermilk and the vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients and stir until completely incorporated. Fold in the berries with a rubber spatula, then add the batter to the baking pan. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the batter. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for before serving.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys