- Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Kosher salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Chopped toasted pecans, for topping
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
For the pumpkin cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 1 (12-cup) muffin pan with paper cupcake liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add the butter and the sugar. Beat with a hand-held mixer until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree and the vanilla extract. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time. Incorporate the dry mixture into the wet mixtures together until thoroughly combined.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way full. Bake until the tops turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the oven to a wire rack and cool completely before frosting .
Top the cupcakes with the frosting and chopped pecans.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys