- 5 plum tomatoes, diced small
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for serving
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds (about 14 slices)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add the tomatoes, garlic, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, basil and balsamic vinegar to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit at room temperature while you toast the bread.
Slice bread and add to a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast in the oven until golden brown about 5 minutes. Top the bread with tomatoes and drizzle with remaining extra-virgin olive oil right before serving.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys