Quick Broiled Flank Steak with Quick Roasted Veggies
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak or the smallest one they'll sell you
- 1 lime, juiced
- Coarse salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/2 bunch broccoli, peeled, cut into florets
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cobs shucked corn, cut into 2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat oven broiler. Marinate flank steak in lime juice, salt and pepper. Do this right on the paper the steak comes wrapped in for easy clean up. Place on broiler pan and cook, turning once until medium rare, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove to a cutting board to rest.
Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
Slice flank steak into thin strips, serve 3 to 4 ounces per person with a side of the veggies.
Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans