Arugula and Pear Salad
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- 5 to 6 cups arugula, cleaned and dried
- 1 Bosc or Anjou pear, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces Gorgonzola (get a piece that will crumble easily for you) or blue cheese crumbles
Toast nuts in small pan over medium heat until fragrant. Cool.
Combine arugula and pear in a salad bowl, add nuts then dress the salad with lemon juice and olive oil, salt and pepper. Top salad with lots of blue cheese crumbles.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Dave Lieberman
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray