Beet and Walnut Salad
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can 14 ounces sliced beets, drained and chopped
- 4 radishes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons black cherry, seedless raspberry or apricot preserved
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, eyeball it
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Toast nuts in a small pan over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes, then let them cool.
Combine chopped lettuce, beets, radishes, onion, celery and toasted walnuts in a shallow bowl. Place the preserves into a small bowl and whisk vinegar into it. Add poppy seeds to dressing if you are using them. Whisk extra-virgin olive oil into the dressing and season it with salt and pepper. Dress salad and toss to coat evenly then adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.