Great Grilled Vegetables Platter
- 1 Japanese eggplant (small, black, purple or white skinned), cut into 1/4-inch strips, lengthwise
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices, lengthwise
- 1 cubanelle (light green) Italian pepper, cut into strips, lengthwise
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thick rings
- 8 medium creminis (baby portobellos), trimmed
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- Coarse salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, 4 to 6 sprigs stripped and chopped (1/2 teaspoon (a sprinkle) of dried thyme or dried Italian Seasoning may be substituted)
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat grill or grill pan over moderate to high heat. Assemble cut veggies on a platter and as you place them on the grill, brush each side with a little oil. Season vegetables with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are just tender, 3 to 5 minutes on each side, depending on the vegetable. Arrange grilled vegetables on a platter and garnish with a generous sprinkle of chopped fresh thyme.
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray