- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- 1 head green leaf lettuce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, a wedge
- 1 crisp red apple, such as McIntosh or Paula Red, thinly sliced
- 1 Anjou pear, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball it
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, thinly sliced
Coarsely chop lettuce. Squeeze the a little lemon juice over apples and pears and toss with greens. Combine cider, vinegar and sugar in a bowl and whisk in oil in a slow stream. Pour dressing over salad and season salad with salt and pepper and toss salad to combine and coat evenly. Serve salad with a garnish of sliced sharp cheddar cheese.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.