- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10 to 12 cups red chard (2 bunches trimmed and coarsely chopped)
- Grated nutmeg, to your taste
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine or cider vinegar
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and toss 2 minutes, then add chard in bunches and keep it moving as it wilts up a bit - you are just searing it up. The greens should remain crisp and crunchy. Wilting them all and searing them up should take no more than 3 to 4 minutes. Season the greens with nutmeg and salt and pepper, to taste. Douse the pan with a little vinegar and remove from heat. Toss to cook off vinegar and serve the greens hot.