Coconut Walnut Halibut
- Eight 1- to 1 1/2-ounce halibut cheeks or medallions, 1/4-inch thick (can substitute grouper)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, seasoned with a pinch of salt and white pepper
- 1 cup egg wash (2 eggs and 1/2 cup milk, mixed well)
- 1 cup plain Asian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces (can substitute pecans)
- 1/2 gallon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
To prepare the fish, first coat the fish with flour, tap off excess and then dip into the egg wash. Mix the breadcrumbs, coconut and walnuts together in a third pan. Finish the fish in the coconut breading mixture. Ensure that the breading is evenly covering the fish, and then repeat with the remaining fish.
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-duty pot or deep-fryer to 350 degrees F. Once the fish has been breaded, drop the breaded fish into the oil and cook until golden brown, about 90 seconds. Flip the fish once during the cooking process. Once cooked, remove and allow to rest on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
During resting, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and then squeeze the lemon over the cooked fish. Serve.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Halibut with Corn-Coconut Curry Sauce and Grilled Cherry Tomato Chutney, Plantain and Coconut Soup with Shrimp, Tomato and Avocado Salad, Coconut Chicken Lollipops with Tropical Ketchup and Anaheim Chile Sauce, Tilapia, Cod, Anchovy, Smoked Salmon Recipes, Baked Tilapia Recipes, Salmon Recipes