- 1 (2 to 3-pound) side salmon, skin on
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Coarsely grind the pistachios in a food processer. Add the panko bread crumbs, the oil and salt and pepper, to taste. (The bread crumbs should be slightly wet, as it helps the stick to the salmon.)
Sprinkle the pistachio mixture over the mustard to cover the salmon evenly.
Put in the preheated oven and bake until the salmon reaches the correct doneness, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven to a serving platter.
Cook's Note: Remember the fish needs to rest outside of the oven for at least 5 minutes. It will continue to cook, so remove the salmon from the oven with this in mind. Enjoy.