Black Bean Soup with Crab and Andouille Sausage
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 pound diced andouille sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, picked for shells and cartilage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
In a slow cooker, combine beans, broth, tomatoes, sausage, onion, celery, carrots, cumin, bay leaves, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Mix well. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Ladle into bowls and garnish with crab and cilantro.
Copyright 2006, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved