Monte Cristo Sandwiches with Swiss and Ham
- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons prepared mango chutney
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 12 ounces sliced baked ham
- 8 ounces sliced Swiss cheese
Coat a large griddle or skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium heat.
In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
Spread 1 tablespoon mango chutney on 4 slices of bread. Top with ham and cheese slices. Top with second slice of bread and transfer sandwiches to egg mixture. Turn to coat both sides.
Transfer sandwiches to hot pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, until golden brown on the outside and cheese begins to melt.
Copyright 2005, Robin Miller, All Rights Reserved