Spinach Fettuccine with Sauteed Vegetables, Artichoke Hearts, and Shredded Mozzarella
- 12 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut diagonally into 1⁄4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup sliced button or cremini mushrooms
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, let cool to room temperature, transfer to a large zip-top plastic bag and seal.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the asparagus, carrot, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts and cook, stirring a few times, until the vegetables are crisp-tender and the mushrooms release their juices, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper and stir to coat.If you're stopping here:
Let the pasta and vegetables cool to room temperature. Transfer them separately to large zip-top plastic bags or containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze up to 3 months. There's no need to thaw before continuing.When you're ready to eat:
Transfer the vegetables to a large saucepan and stir in the tomatoes.
Set the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer (or reheat both together in the microwave for about 3 minutes on HIGH). Add the fettuccine and simmer for 2 minutes to heat through (or microwave for an additional 2 minutes). Serve topped with the mozzarella.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.