- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 (12-ounce) package whole wheat pita pockets, cut into small triangles (recommended: Sara Lee)
- 3/4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup real bacon crumble (recommended: Hormel)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Place sun-dried tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with warm water. Let stand until tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, cut pita into triangles, place on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
In medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, bacon bits, and sun-dried tomatoes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Use a spoon to mix together; set aside.
Cut out the core of the lettuce head to form a bowl for the dip.
To serve, spoon BLT dip into hallowed out lettuce head and set in the center of a serving plate. Place toasted pita triangles around edge of plate.