Divinely Rich Eggs Benedict with Crab
- 16 slices thick-cut bacon
- One .9-ounce package hollandaise sauce mix
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- One 4-ounce container prepared refrigerated hollandaise sauce
- 1/2 cup store-bought pesto
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 4 croissants
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 8 teaspoons finely chopped black olives
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Lay the bacon slices on a rack on a baking sheet. Bake until crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
Put the pesto into a small bowl and mix in the herbs. Thin it with a little water.
Bring a medium skillet of water to a very gentle simmer and add the white vinegar. Crack an egg into a small dish and carefully slip it into the water. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, depending on how hard or soft you like your yolk. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper-towel-lined plate. Continue with the rest of the eggs.
To assemble: Put 2 croissant halves onto a plate. Cut 4 bacon strips in half and lay the strips on top of the croissants. Place 2 poached eggs on top of the bacon. Place a spoonful of crabmeat on top. Cover with hollandaise and sprinkle 1 teaspoon chopped olives over each. Drizzle the pesto around the plate.
Recipe copyright Sandra Lee, 2012