Grilled Vegetables with Saffron Rice
- 1 2/3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (5-ounce) packet saffron rice (recommended: Mahatma)
- 2 medium sized red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
In a large saucepan, over high heat bring chicken broth to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until rice is fluffy.
Spray a grill pan with cooking spray. Grill vegetables over medium-high heat. Use tongs to remove from heat; set aside. In a serving bowl combine rice, grilled veggies, capers, and slivered almonds. Toss. Serve warm.