Potato and Green Bean Salad with Ale House Dressing
- 1 tablespoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup ale style beer
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen green beans, thawed (recommended: C and W)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag seasoned diced potatoes (recommended: Reser's)
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in 1/2
- 1/4 cup real crumbled bacon
Combine salad dressing mix, beer, mustard, vinegar and olive oil in a jar or container with a lid. Shake vigorously; set aside.
Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add salt and 12 ounces cleaned green beans and blanch for 3 minutes. Strain and cool in an ice bath.
Combine potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, and bacon. Toss with dressing and serve.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee, 2007