Round 2 Recipe - Wonton Soup
- 412163 Meat from 1 spare rib leftover from Sticky Sweet Spareribs recipe, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 12 wonton wrappers leftover from Fried Noodles
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli, leftover from Crispy Orange Beef and Broccoli recipe
- Sweet and Stick Spareribs with Fried Noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds pork spareribs
- Fried Noodles:
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package wonton wrappers, reserve 12 for round 2 recipe, Wonton Soup
- 1 cup canola oil
- Crispy Orange Beef with Broccoli:
- 3 cups white rice
- 1 1/4 pounds beef chuck steak
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon peeled and chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stems sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
Combine the meat from the sparerib, the carrot and the scallions in a small bowl. Make wontons by placing a tablespoon of filling in the center of each wrapper. Dampen the edges with water, then fold in half, point to point, and pinch together. Wrap the outside corners around and seal together.
Heat the chicken broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When the broth has come to a simmer, add the wontons and the broccoli. Cook for 3 minutes, then ladle into serving bowls and serve hot.Fried Noodles:
In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade. Cut the spareribs into individual ribs and put in a resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade into the bag and toss to coat. Put the bag into a large bowl and refrigerate to let marinate for at least 2 hours or as long as overnight.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Remove the spare ribs from marinade and arrange on a baking sheet, cover with foil and poke holes in the foil to vent. Reserve the marinade. Bake until the ribs are tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
In the meantime, pour the reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until thick, about 30 minutes. Set aside.
After 1 1/2 hours, remove the foil from the spareribs and raise oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Baste the ribs with the reduced marinade and roast in oven for 5 minutes. Turn and baste the ribs again with the remaining sauce and roast for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and arrange the ribs on a serving platter. Serve hot with Fried Noodles.
Heat 1 cup canola oil in a medium heavy saucepan, to about 350 degrees F. Cut the wonton wrappers into 1/2-inch wide strips. Fry in batches until golden brown and drain on plate lined with a brown paper bag or paper towels.Crispy Orange Beef with Broccoli:
Cook the white rice according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups cooked rice for the online round 2 recipe, Beef Fried Rice.
Thinly slice the chuck steak, about 1/4-inch thick, across the grain. Cut the slices into 3-inch long strips.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Toss the beef in the cornstarch and shake off excess. Fry the beef in 2 batches in the hot oil, turning once, until crispy and golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Remove the beef from the pan and set aside on paper towel lined plate. Carefully drain the oil from the wok or skillet.
In a medium bowl add the marmalade, garlic, vinegar, ginger, soy sauce and orange juice and whisk until well combined. Add to the wok, over high heat, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the broccoli, reserving about 1 1/2 cups for round 2 recipe, Wonton Soup and online round 2 recipe, Beef Fried Rice. Cook the broccoli until slightly tender and the sauce is thick, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the beef, then transfer to a serving platter. Serve immediately with the white rice.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.