Sausage and Bacon Kabobs
- 4 (12-inch) bamboo skewers soaked in water for 1 hour
- 6 slices center cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces (recommended: Oscar Mayer)
- 4 chicken and apple sausages (recommended: Aidell's)
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 green, red, or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup store bought BBQ sauce
- 1 orange, cut into slices or wedges
Cut each sausage into 5 pieces.
Thread an end piece of sausage onto skewer followed by a piece of bacon, onion, bell pepper, and another piece of bacon. Repeat using center sausage pieces and finishing with end piece (center sausage pieces will be "sandwiched" between bacon). Repeat with remaining skewers and sausages.
Place skewers on hot oiled grill and cook 4 to 5 minutes per side (16 to 20 minutes total).
INDOOR: Prepare kebabs as directed. Preheat broiler. Place kebabs on wire rack over foil lined baking sheet or broiler pan. Place under broiler 4 to 6 inches from heat source and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side. Brush with BBQ sauce with each turn.
Recipe courtesy Sandra Lee