- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 loaf stale bread, cubed
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and celery, season with salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning, and cook until softened, 6 to 7 minutes.
Drain the raisins, reserving the liquid, and put them into a large bowl with the bread, walnuts, parsley, and sage. Add the cooked onions and celery. Mix everything together, pour over the chicken broth, season with salt and pepper, and mix again. If the mixture seems too dry, add some of the reserved soaking liquid from the raisins. Spoon the stuffing into the prepared baking dish (stuffing can be made ahead to this point, covered, and refrigerated overnight). Bake until the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.