- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (750-ml) bottle brut Champagne
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon white sauce mix
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- 1 (8-ounce) bag arugala
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 (4-ounce) can corn, 1/2 cup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar dressing
- Shaved Parmesan, for garnish
Add Champagne, lemon juice, and parsley to pan. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a bare simmer.
Slide fillets into liquid, cover and poach 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Transfer to plate; set aside. DO NOT EMPTY PAN.
Ladle 1/2 cup of poaching liquid into small pot over medium heat. Add cream and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and whisk in white sauce mix. Stirring constantly, simmer 1 minute. Return fish to poaching liquid just to heat through.
Transfer fish to serving plate, spoon over sauce and garnish with lemon and parsley.
For the salad, mix together arugula, tomatoes, corn, and dressing. Garnish with Parmesan shavings.