Sesame Chicken Satay
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Sesame oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 25 chicken tenders, halved on the bias
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions plus 2 tablespoons, for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Special Equipment: 6-inch bamboo skewers
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, vegetable oil, sesame oil, to taste, sugar and ginger in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until smooth. Toss 1 1/2 cups of the peanut butter mixture with the chicken tenders in a bowl until the chicken is well coated. Spread the chicken out in a baking pan in a single layer. Bake until the tenders are firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
Thread a skewer into each tender. Arrange on a platter and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped herbs. Put the remaining sauce into a small bowl and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
"Ono-lishious": Grilled Sesame Chicken Satay Papaya Salad with Hoisin Balsamic Vinaigrette, Sesame Chicken with Spicy Dipping Sauce, Sesame Chicken Drumettes, Roast Beef Recipes, Christmas Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Ball Recipes, Teriyaki Chicken Recipes, Veal Chop Recipes, Pork Butt Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.