- 4 to 6 tablespoons butter
- Flour to coat
- 1 pair shad roe ( 6 to 8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or chives
- Lemon or lime wedges
Melt butter in a skillet. While foaming is subsiding, lightly dredge roe in flour and shake off excess. Add roe and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Turn over, and brown on the other side. Remove the roe to a plate. If necessary add more butter to the skillet. Add ginger and saute for a moment. Add lemon juice and remove from heat; season with salt and pepper, add parsley or chives and spoon over shad. Serve with lemon or lime wedges.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.