- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic puree
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/4 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces peeled and crushed fresh ginger
- 5 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- Flour slurry: (to thicken)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons water
Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Add the chicken to a large saute pan over medium heat and pour in the sauce. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 40 minutes, skimming off any fat that rises. Bring to a boil again and add the flour slurry, then lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes to thicken. Arrange the chicken in a deep serving platter and cover with the sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.